1 Day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda in Volcanoes National Park – 1 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda
1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda is one of the best Rwanda gorilla tours designed uniquely to allow you participate in gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park. The 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda is a short gorilla tour and distinctly designed to let those of you with limited time or on business trip/conference to be part of a magical encounter with the endangered mountain gorillas in the wild.
Unlike most Rwanda gorilla safaris, the 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda takes only one day- begins and ends in Kigali City. To be in position to enjoy this exciting primate tour, you will require to spend a night in Kigali or Ruhengeri.
Volcanoes National Park Rwanda’s only mountain gorilla trekking park is located in Musanze/Ruhengeri, in the Northwestern side. The lush gorilla safari park was gazetted in 1925 and sits on land area of 160sq.kms.
Volcanoes NP has 13 gorilla families habituated and open for gorilla tourism, with only one to be assigned to you to trek on your 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda. The gorilla families in this park include Kwitonda, Hirwa, Amahoro, Sabyinyo, Susa A, Umubano, Agashya, Susa B/Karisimbi, Titus, Bwenge and others.
Detailed itinerary for 1 day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
Wake up as early as 4:30am, meet an experienced Rwanda safari guide for briefing about your 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda and what you should expect. You will carry packed breakfast which you will have en-route in your 4×4 vehicle and after briefing, set off for a 116kms trip/2-3 hours’ drive to Volcanoes National Park in Ruhengeri, Northwestern Rwanda.
Driving from Kigali Capital to Volcanoes National Park involves navigating via the hilly landscape of Rwanda. Arrive at Kinigi early for briefing on gorilla trekking rules, allocation of gorilla families and park guides then at around 8:00am, be prepared to hit the lush forest of Volcanoes National Park as you search for a gorilla group family.
Your gorilla trekking adventure today will take you 2-6 hours but this will depend on the nature of gorilla habitat, the physical levels and location of mountain gorillas. Only one hour will be given to you and the rest of trekkers to settle with gorillas, enjoy a face to face interaction with them, explore how they behave, the unique body gestures and the park guide will be explaining in details and interpret more about these unique apes.
You will begin walking back to the briefing point (Kinigi) after taking enough pictures and learning about the behaviors of gorillas. When taking photos, you will be required to use a camera that is free from the flashlight and if it does have, turn it off before starting taking any pictures. Flashlights tend to scare away gorillas or even make them irritated/charge against you.
Once you have returned to Kinigi, get your gorilla trekking certificate and you will be driven back to Kigali by your Rwanda tour guide. This will mark the end of your 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda.
End of 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda
1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda package includes
- Gorilla permits-(each is at USD1500 per person)
- Meals and ground travel to & from Volcanoes National Park
- Park entry fees
- English-speaking guide services from Rwanda
- All relevant government taxes to be paid for 1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda
- All trip activities in Rwanda except the optional ones
1 day gorilla trekking Rwanda package price excludes
- Laundry expenses
- Porter costs
- Alcoholic drinks
- Telephone bills
Gorilla Trekking Rules & regions to follow on 1 day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- A maximum of 8 tourists are allowed to track a single gorilla family already habituated.
- If you have any symptoms of cold/illness, you won’t be allowed to track any of the 13 habituated families of mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
- Wearing a mask, hand sanitizing is mandatory as COVID 19 prevention measure.
- Keep a distance of 8-10m off from your gorilla family.
- A gorilla permit is a must to carry and only persons above 15 year go to track gorillas.
- Keep low your voices while trekking gorillas- but be open to ask any burning question, your guide will be of great help.
- Don’t leave any rubbish during and after your gorilla trek in Volcanoes NP.
- Use of flashlight cameras is highlight prohibited during photo taking.
- All human wastes- in case a visitor wants to help him/herself must be buried as directed by the guide.
- Don’t smoke before mountain gorillas- these apes are susceptible to respiratory diseases since they share 98% of their DNA with humans.
What to carry for 1 day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- Bottled water
- Energy giving snacks
- Long sleeved shirts
- Daypack- waterproof is better
- Waterproof & sturdy hiking/walking shoes/boots
- Rain coat/jacket
Book This Gorilla Tour
Related Short Gorilla Trekking Safaris
2 Days Gorilla Trek Rwanda
Your 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari takes you to Volcanoes National Park for gorilla trekking. Volcanoes National Park is in northwestern Rwanda. It is a home to a section of 1004 mountain gorillas that today remain on earth and only exist in Rwanda, Uganda and… View Itinerary
2 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Tour
If you have limited time or you are a budget traveler on Uganda safaris and your plan is to trek mountain gorillas, then the 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour is one of the best gorilla safari packages you should consider a must to book. Unlike the long gorilla safaris… View Itinerary
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour
3 days Rwanda gorilla tour is a short tour set for those of you with limited time or on budget tour in Rwanda to also get a magical encounter with the rare mountain gorillas while in their natural habitat. It takes you to Volcanoes National Park in the northern… View Itinerary