2 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Tour – 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
If you have limited time or you are a budget traveler on Uganda safaris and your plan is to trek mountain gorillas, then the 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour is one of the best gorilla safari packages you should consider a must to book. Unlike the long gorilla safaris, this is a short tour package and it involves border crossing from Katuna/Chanika border to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for you to take part in gorilla trekking. Your journey will commence and end in Kigali.
Things to expect on 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour
- 1 hour of magical encounter with mountain gorillas in the wild.
- Border crossing from Katuna/Chanika to Kabale/Kisoro then to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Travel in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking tour guide
Detailed itinerary of 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali City to Bwindi forest Uganda
You will be expected to rise up and have your breakfast in Kigali, then meet your tour guide to brief you about the whole experience and start your 3-4 hour journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in a 4×4 safari vehicle.
You will have a chance to view beautiful scenaries en-route and drive via Katuna border to Kabale to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Overnight: Mountain Gorilla heights Lodge, Buhoma Lodge, Chameleon Hill Lodge. 4 Gorillas Lodge, Ichumbi gorilla Lodge, Rushaga Gorilla Camp, or Ruhija Gorilla Camp
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest national Park
On the tracking day, you will have to wake early and eat your breakfast, pick your packed lunch still at the lodge. Transfer to park headquarters to be briefed on the set guidelines for gorilla trekking. This will be done by one of the park officials who also will assign to you a habituated gorilla family to trek in a group of not more than 8 visitors.
At 8:00am you and your park ranger guide will hit the jungles to search for mountain gorillas and this may cover about 2-6 hours but it also presents you opportunity to sight many other primates, birds and a lot more.
On finding your gorilla group, you have 1 hour to spend with these great apes, take pictures and have an in-depth exploration about their daily behaviors. Later, walk back to the park headquarters where you started your trek to meet your driver guide ready to make a return trip to Kigali and this marks the end of your 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour.
End of 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour
Tour inclusions 2 days gorilla trek Uganda tour
- Gorilla permit
- 1 hour of magical encounter with mountain gorillas
- Bottled drinking water
- Transportation in 4×4 safari car
- Accommodation and meals
- Relevant government taxes
- Fulltime English-speaking tour guide
- Border crossing from Kigali Rwanda to Bwindi National Park
- Alcoholic drinks
- Uganda visa
- Laundry service
- Personal insurance
- Hotel fees in Kigali after the trip
- Optional activities
About Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is positioned and shared by Kisoro, Kabale and Kanungu districts in Southwestern Uganda. It is one of the 4 premier gorilla safari parks in Africa where mountain gorillas can be trekked and it is reachable between 8 and 10-hours’ drive starting from Kampala and 3-4 hours’ drive beginning from Kigali capital city of Rwanda.
This stunning gorilla safaris park was founded in 1991 and in 1994, it was later designated as a UNESCO Heritage Site. It occupies an area of about 331sq. kms and hosts an estimate of about 459 mountain gorillas of 1063 individuals which today still live on earth. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park also inhabits chimpanzees, black and white colobus monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys, elephants and over 360 avifaunal species and a lot more.
Gorilla treks in Bwindi begin in Rushaga, Buhoma, Nkuringo and Ruhija. The gorilla families to expect to explore on Uganda gorilla safaris in this gorilla park include Oruzogo, Mubare, Katwe, Mucunguzi, Kutu, Bweza, Nkuringo, Rwigi, Bikingi, Christmas, Bushaho family, Mishaya, Kahungye, Mukiza, Bitukura, Kyaguriro, Rushegura, Habinyanja, Nshongi and Busingye.
Packing list for gorilla trekking
- Long sleeved shirts
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Gardening gloves
- Camera with no flashlight
- Pair of binoculars
- Bottled drinking water
- Energy giving snacks
- Insect repellents
- Walking stick which you can find at the lodge or park headquarters on briefing day
- Rain jacket/poncho
Guidelines for gorilla trekking
- Once you come across a gorilla family, you have only 1 hour of magical encounter.
- Only 8 tourists are allowed to track 1 habituated gorilla group.
- Don’t go to trek gorillas if you are sick.
- Always maintain a distance of 7 meters from gorillas.
- No flashlight camera is accepted when taking photos of gorillas.
- Keep your voices low when trekking mountain gorillas but don’t shy away from asking your guide questions.
- Only persons above 15 years are accepted to trek mountain gorillas.
Book This Short Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
Other Recommended Short Gorilla Trekking Safaris
3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari
Reserve this 3 days Bwindi gorilla safari and have opportunity to get up close to a group of mountain gorillas in Uganda’s pristine jungles. This package is a perfect alternative for those of you on budget trip or if you have limited time. Read more